Thread: Opera Hangover

Default Opera Hangover

Everything was fine until I installed Opera (just to try it). After I uninstalled Opera, S&D began reporting "Immunization incomplete", and the x number of "Unprotected" is equal to the number of Opera "Unprotected". Unchecking the two Opera S&D entries does not change anything. Any thoughts on correcting this?

PS: If this has been answered somewhere, please point me to the answer. Grazia

Hello,

This seems to be a common problem where no solution is present at the moment. With the new version Opera has made some changes, that affect the immunization. Please deactivate the cookie immunization of Spybot-S&D, to complete the immunization. Please note that after undoing the immunization of Opera 10 a re-immunization of Opera 10 currently may not be possible, even if Spybot-S&D shows a success.
    We are working on this item to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Both Content and Cookies were unchecked a long time ago. It hasn't helped but so long as S&D is otherwise working then I guess it's not that important.

Before I installed Opera 11 here, I uninstalled Opera 10 because for some odd reason there were two entries for Opera 10.xx in Add/Remove Programs. This double entry was reported by several people on Opera forums. I then deleted all Opera files and directories that I could find.

After installing Opera 11, all that is shown in SpyBot S&D immunizations is Plugins, which does immunize. It shows Opera 4+ (11.01156.0). It's not my default browser, so I have CCleaner delete all browsing traces afterwards. The hosts file does offer quite a bit of protection.

Default Resolved

Thanks Eagle2A. The link to which you pointed drew me to the Opera folder in my Documents and Settings. I should have looked earlier. Once I deleted the folder, the problem vanished with it.

Glad it helped. I wish Spybot would just reference that thread for a fairly simple workaround instead of always giving their canned scripted reply to Opera immunization problems.