Thread: Spybot S&D Teatimer

Default Spybot S&D Teatimer

I have been using Spybot S&D on my previous PC running XP without any problems.

having now downloaded a new version of Spybot S&D to my new PC running windows 7 I'm experiencing problems. I have no problem to run the program or updater from the main program on desktop but cannot open the program or update from the teatimer on the task bar. I have clicked to run as administrator but still no joy. I am new to windows 7 and am sure it's something I have to do within windows 7 to sort the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Just a quick thought.....
    are you rightclicking the Teatimer icon when attempting to open it?

Default Spybot S&D Teatimer

Yes I am using the right button.

I'm not sure what would cause that.
    So,when rightclicking Teatimer,does the menu appear,but nothing happens when you select Run Spybot S &D,or 'Search for updates.....'?

When right clicking teatimer either for run or update it opens into a file window with the heading title.....Computer-Acer-Windows-System32

Hi,Ibbotson.
    This might be helpful,so if it's not too much trouble,could you rightclick the teatimer icon so the menu is open,and then take a screenshot of it?
    There's instructions how to in Windows 7 here:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...hot-paint.html
    You could crop the image so only the notification area/taskbar,teatimer icon and open teatimer menu is showing,then upload it to imageshack,and cut and paste the link to the image here in a reply:
    http://imageshack.us/