Thread: Tea Timer

Exclamation Tea Timer

Does the tea timer affect or conflict with avast 5.1.889 free or malwarebytes free? I read somewhere the tea timer causes the conflict.

I do not recall any so called "conflicts" with anti-virus programs. MalwareByte, free, does not offer a resident shield module; the paid version does though. Moreover, paid or not, MBAM does not conflict with Spybot-Search&Destroy.

Please specify where you have hear these "conflicts".

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I do not recall any so called "conflicts" with anti-virus programs. MalwareByte, free, does not offer a resident shield module; the paid version does though. Moreover, paid or not, MBAM does not conflict with Spybot-Search&Destroy.

Please specify where you have hear these "conflicts".
    Please read:http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61407

I did actually. However, the problem is that you were not specific on what conflicts were there; such as symptoms. In the previous post, I was expecting a link to some forum post that was external to this forum; and maybe a thread/topic where a lot of users were reporting the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I did actually. However, the problem is that you were not specific on what conflicts were there; such as symptoms. In the previous post, I was expecting a link to some forum post that was external to this forum; and maybe a thread/topic where a lot of users were reporting the same problem.
    Did you read the review on cnet.com? Like I said, you have an image problem.
    I am merely making a few good suggestions to make SpyBot S&D better. It's up to you if you want to use them or not. I'm wondering if you care about your image. A better image means more downloads and people "not" uninstalling. You get a lot of downloads, but , how many keep it? That was rhetorical.

Hello,

There should not be any problems with the compatibility.
    If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.

That's the way to to disable the resident feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy: run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the check boxes in front of the two tools.

About the "image problem":
    You might want to prefer an on demand scanner, but there are a lot of users who would like to have real-time protection. So thanks for your "good suggestions to make SpyBot S&D better" but we would like to give our users the choice how they want to use our software.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot