Log Name: Application
Source: SideBySide
Date: 1/29/2011 11:42:34 AM
Event ID: 63
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll" on line 8. The value "*" of attribute "language" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

I filtered the application log to only show EventID 63, it shows 58 events going back to November 2010, which is as far back as the log goes, all of which are the same Spybot DelZip179.dll error. The errors seem to happen randomly every 1-3 days at different times of the day.

I've already searched and read all of the other posts about this error here, and they all end with the same conclusion; the file is corrupt, send email for new one. Rather than do that, I just deleted the DelZip179.dll file and re-installed Spybot. Maybe that will fix it, but my question is why am I getting these errors so often when I'm not even running Spybot? I only run it about once a month to immunize my system and do a scan. The immunization seems to do the trick because the scans usually report no problems, or maybe an occasional tracking cookie or two.