Thread: Sequencing of command-line scan/update/immunize

Default Sequencing of command-line scan/update/immunize

I read http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html to learn about the command-line parameters, which I will use to schedule a task on Windows XP. (I will likely find a way to launch the command at a low priority, though that is not central to the following questions).

If I launch SpybotS&D with /autoupdate, /autocheck, and /autoimmunize options:

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCLOSE

1. Will the update, scan, and immunization functions start in the order in which the parameters are supplied?
    2. Will the scan wait for the update to finish before starting?
    3. Will the immunization wait for the update to finish before starting?

It's hard for me to test because my SpybotS&D is completely up-to-date, so the update occurs instantaneously.
    Last edited by Exerciser; 2011-02-14 at 02:03. Reason: Typo

Commands should be working one by one.
    It should first update, then start scan and fix problems. Then it should just immunize and close Spybot.

Spybot will not manage to run commands all at once because would be confusing that all of that runs all at once, as during scan if updater tries to update detection rules, you would get loads of issues during scan.

If you're still skeptic or having issues with auto commands, search on forums about them and check did anyone had issues about it. I remember that there was some issue about it, but I'm not sure is it fixed or not.

OK, thanks.