Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Application missing can't open Spybot

Default Application missing can't open Spybot

When trying to open Spybot a message comes up, "unable to locate component", This application has failed to start because sqlite3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I believe this happened after receiving an update from Norton.??????

Thanks for advice

kenpitcher4,

sqlite3.dll is normally in the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy folder. If you can't find it there, you could try reinstalling Spybot SD.

How do I get to the C program files? If it is there what do I do? If not should I delete existing Spybot before attempting to download it again?

thanks again

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kenpitcher4 View Post
    How do I get to the C program files? If it is there what do I do? If not should I delete existing Spybot before attempting to download it again?

thanks again
    IF the Spybot you have installed at the moment is the latest version, and IF it was only missing this one file, then you could probably get away with just reinstalling over the top of what is there now.

You have not provided any information about the Spybot version you are using or your operating system, and so the safest approach would be to undo any present immunisations, untick both Teatimer and SDHelper in Advanced->Tools->Resident and then uninstall what is there now. You should also then use "This very small fix" from http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html, and then reboot before installing the current version.

You didn't say where you got the Spybot that is currently installed, so again to play safe, download an official version from one of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

Sorry for lack of info. HP Pavillion a1637c with XP Media Center 2005. Spybot I believe is 1.6 version.?

I can't disable Tea Timer & SD Helper as I can't get into Spybot at all. Not from desk top icons, nor from programs.

In programs there is a link that says uninstall, but I haven't tried to open it.

Isn't there somewhere to just download sqlite3.dll and re-enable my existing version?
    Last edited by kenpitcher4; 2008-10-06 at 23:06.

Isn't there somewhere to just download sqlite3.dll and re-enable my existing version?
    At the moment, I haven't heard about a successful uninstallation of Spybot with a situation like yours (missing sqlite3.dll), but you can sure try and see if that works and then reinstall Spybot.

If not, then you'll have to reinstall Spybot provided with the link by Greyfox.

And no, there is no one [specific] place to download the .dll .

Smile

...Spybot I believe is 1.6 version.?...
    I would try just reinstalling Spybot 1.6 over the top of what is there now, which should effectively repair the installation.

I just downloaded over the existing and apparently it worked like a charm.

Thank you guys very much.

You guys have no idea how helpful you really are, especially to those who are basically computer illiterate like myself.

Very grateful for all your efforts.

Glad to hear that it was resolved. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

same message but sqlite3.dll is in the program folder.
    So why is the message popping up?

latest version, installed 31/7 and used a couple of times in the last week.