Thread: Spybot can't delete Fun Web Products

Default Spybot can't delete Fun Web Products

Tonight I ran Spybot S&D on a Win7 machine and found just one little problem: "Fun Web Products." What I've found online tells me Fun Web Products is not a big deal. Even so, I'd like to clean it out.

I instructed Spybot to kill the pest, but I get error messages that read: "Unexpected error in fixing problems. (Cannot create file c:\windows\wininit.ini)." Another message box suggests that maybe we can fix the problem after a re-boot, and advises that I run Spybot as an administrator.

I rebooted and ran Spybot as an administrator, with the same results. I Googled for a solution, and the best free advice I could find started with a recommendation that I begin by deleting "My Web Search" by way of Control Panel >> Add and Remove Programs. I can find nothing listed by that or any similar name.

Should I just ignore a relatively harmless pest and disregard the warning? Or is there something else I can (or should) do? What should I make of that error message, "Cannot create file..."?

I am having the same issue but the fix suggested I cannot find on my machine. Nothing from Fun Web or its aliases is in my installed progrmad. Also the forum link does not exist. Any otherr suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pcagle View Post
    I am having the same issue but the fix suggested I cannot find on my machine. Nothing from Fun Web or its aliases is in my installed progrmad. Also the forum link does not exist. Any otherr suggestions?
    Sorry about the forum link. It must be generated for the user doing the search and is discarded when done, is all that I can guess.

Go to Malware Removal Guides. Use "Search this Forum" and search for MyWebSearch. My results were three links there.