Thread: Slow IE 8

Default Slow IE 8

I've never had this problem with spybot until i was working on my dad's computer after a complete OS reinstall and getting it back up to date and usability. Ill spare details and get to the point. I've done some testing with different possibilities and this was the problem i came up with. Spybot's immunization method when initiated slows IE 8's initial load time by about 10 seconds... literally. When i undo the immunization i can double click IE and it instantly loads. but with the immunization in place i have to wait about 5-15 seconds for it to even open up. The pages even load a little slower by a couple seconds.

This is all new to me because spybot has been on his computer and mine as well for a good 7 years and never caused a problem so i assume its with one of the newer updates to the program. It works fine on my laptop and my computer which both run vista but on my dad's computer that runs XP it slows IE dramatically.

Anyone else have this problem? And if so is there a fix? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

We are sorry that there is a problem with IE8 and the Immunization of Spybot.

Spybot - Search & Destroy adds sites to the restricted zones during the immunization.
    IE8 is proving every entry that is added to the restricted zones, so this is causing a hang of the software.

Microsoft has released an update on the 9th of June which should fix this problem.
    So please make sure that you have installed the latest windows updates on your pc.

If this does not help we can only recommend to undo the immunization.

Please have a look at the news on our homepage.

This has also been discussed in our forum.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot