Thread: Location of the temporary files that Spybot deletes?

Exclamation Location of the temporary files that Spybot deletes?

Hello,

I've been using Spybot for a while now. Today while I was running a scan, I was informed that there were >3000 temporary files that could be deleted if I so wished. Typically when I see this message I reply 'No' and take care of it myself. This time, my finger slipped and I pushed 'Yes'. The files were deleted without further message.

Where were the files deleted from? Is there a log I can consult? I just lost upward of 3000 files, and I don't even know from where they were deleted. I worry that actual, valuable files may have been lost during this, and overall, having some record of the files deleted - or at least a prompt outlining the directories from which they were removed - would be a good idea, I believe.

I'm sorry if this problem/question comes up a lot. I've run a search on the forum, but other than a generic description of what temporary files are (I already know that) or why it's a good idea to delete them (again, already know that), I haven't found much information regarding the paths used for deletion.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Tetranitro

Depending of your computers OS, you can find the temp folder this way:
    Windows XP: Windows Start menu -> Run. Type %temp% and press enter will open the folder.
    Windows Vista: Windows Start Menu -> In the text box. Type %temp% and press enter will open the folder.

JR