Thread: Archive Recovery

Unhappy Archive Recovery

I opened the "Resident" option in "Tools" recently for the first time. It was a pretty lengthy list/log. Being curious, I clicked on "Archive Log" in the top Tool Bar, and the whole list disappeared! How do I recover this log? (I've tried all the "Help" buttons with no success.) What am I missing??

You can still view the Resident.log you archived by opening Spybot,going to Tools,then View Report.Over in the window to the right,click View Previous Report.The log you archived should be there with the date you archived it in it,i.e.:Resident.yyMM.hhmm.txt
    (Resident.110220-1531.log,for example.)

If you rightclick the Resident.yyMM.hhmm.txt file and select Rename,then remove the year,month hour minute part of it (yyMM.hhmm),then the Resident.log should show in the Tools->Resident window once again.

For an example:
    Resident.110220-1531.log
    Remove the .110220-1531 part,so it is renamed to this:
    Resident.log
    Then click outside the box around the name with your mouse,so the box around it is gone.hth.

Default Archive Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You can still view the Resident.log you archived by opening Spybot,going to Tools,then View Report.Over in the window to the right,click View Previous Report.The log you archived should be there with the date you archived it in it,i.e.:Resident.yyMM.hhmm.txt
    (Resident.110220-1531.log,for example.)

If you rightclick the Resident.yyMM.hhmm.txt file and select Rename,then remove the year,month hour minute part of it (yyMM.hhmm),then the Resident.log should show in the Tools->Resident window once again.

For an example:
    Resident.110220-1531.log
    Remove the .110220-1531 part,so it is renamed to this:
    Resident.log
    Then click outside the box around the name with your mouse,so the box around it is gone.hth.
    Zenobia -- Thank you for your reply!! I followed your instructions and found the data I had (accidentally) archived! However, it is not in the format you described (e.g., "Resident.yyMM.hhmm.txt"). Mine is: "MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM" then text follows. And, right clicking any line only offers me an option to "Select All" -- no "Rename".

So, I know how to find the archived data () but, I'm not able to return it to the "Resident" tool window as you described. I must be misunderstanding something here.

You're welcome.

When you click View Previous Report,and the window pops open,and you locate your archived Teatimer file,do not doubleclick it so that it opens up in the Spybot window.Rightclick the archived logfile,and you should be able to select Rename.hth.

Default Archive Recovery

Zenobia -- OK, I get it now!! (I mistakenly thought I was supposed to do the editing in the Spybot window!)

Thanks for the rapid "turn-around" on getting me straightened out. I'm very impressed with this program, and the way the SB S&D Team/Forum handles the tech support!

You're welcome,Koosharem.