Thread: Resident Protection Modes

Default Resident Protection Modes

I just read a 2005 post by md-usa-spybot-fan titled: [U]How SD S&R Protects Against The Installation of Spyware/Mallware[U]. Very informative and well written. It mentions three selectable modes this protection level can operate in but, I cannot find anywhere in "Advanced/Tools" that offers these options. Any one have a suggestion about what I am missing.

There are two different ways that you can access the three selectable modes mentioned in MD Usa Spybot Fan's post.

The first way is through Internet Explorer.Open Internet Explorer,then click Tools,and then select Spybot -Search Destroy configuration.Under the Settings tab,you can select the option you'd like to use:"(1) Block all pages silently (2) Display dialog when blocking (3) Ask for blocking confirmation."using the drop down menu,then clicking Ok.

The second way to access the three different selectable settings is to rightclick Teatimer,then hovering your mouse over Resident IE,and selecting which option you would like to use.

Default Resident Protection Modes

Zenobia -- My "thanks" once again!! I would never have found (or thought of) those two approaches. I'm using Chrome today, so I went with your second method of right-clicking on the TeaTimer Icon (in the system tray).

You guys are terrific!!

You're welcome.