Thread: Recovery Issues

Unhappy Recovery Issues

I recently figured out that I've deleted some important registry files that I need for my computer to function properly but I cannot recover them because every time I select all that are on the recovery list I'll click the recover button and Spybot completely freezes up. Spybot is my last hope before I have to reformat my computer and I don't want to have to do that because that means I have to unload 2000+ files onto cd's to be saved and I don't want to have to do that.

Can anyone help?

I'd appreciate any help given...

Have you tried system restore?

Yes, System Restore will not work on my computer. It says 'Computer cannot be restored to [date I chose]', and I've chosen 5 different dates, none of them work. I googled it, turns out I cannot go back using System Restore, so that option is out.

Hello,

Please check your settings: run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left. There the three checkboxes in front of "Create backups of ..." should be ticked, so that the recovery works. After 30 days the quarantined files will be deleted automatically. This can also be adjusted in the settings page at "Age of recovery". If you click on that item you can set the period of time.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot