Thread: Settings Warning

Question Settings Warning

Hi All,
    Non Tech head here. I’ve had Spybot S+D for a couple of years. My computer runs 24hrs and about a year ago I was well pleased with myself when I ‘eventually’ managed to set S+D to update at 2am and run at 2.30am.

Over recent weeks I began to wonder ‘a little more’ why the first screen you see when you launch S+D used to be there in the morning when I got up. I used to put it down to the fact that I probably didn’t set it to close after it did its job during the night. After more recent investigations I came to the alarming conclusion that My S+D had in fact not been doing its job for the past year ‘shock-horror’.

I had set S+D to update at 2am
    I had set S+D to run at 2.30 thinking that it was going to scan my computer, wrong. That setting only ‘Launches’ S+D (hence that screen I referred to earlier). You need to find another box to tick for it to 'actually' scan!!!.

I have always found S+D a little difficult to navigate and select various features and settings etc and so I hope that this posting may help other ‘Non Tech’ heads such as myself to watch out for this one.

Hello,

In order to run the scheduler please run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link in order to see how to use the Scheduler.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot