Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Launch Spybot querie

Default Launch Spybot querie

Hi ,
    hope I'm in right place.
    When I launch Spybot S+D From desktop shortcut a small dilaog box comes up telling me a check is being done. (see screenshot attachment).
    I can't see any way to access the normal full first screen of Spybot where you can access all features. This has only recently started happening.

Ok another problem, can't upload the document with screenshot in it. ??its a .dot file. It says 'invalid file'

Any comments greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for reading.

I think this might be it.
    If there is a button there that says "Stop Check",please click that,and see if the normal Spybot loads after that.
    If it does,then click Mode,then Advance Mode,then Settings,then Settings once again,scroll down to Program Start,and if there is a checkmark beside Run check on program start,then remove the checkmark.

In my case,when I clicked Stop Check,the Spybot loading bar came up behind that window and hovered there,and Spybot never loaded.I'm not sure if that is just something that happened with me,or not.Sooooo:
    If you aren't able to get Spybot to load after stopping the check,or if there is no checkmark beside "Run check on program start",then please post back here and let me know what operating system you have.
    (I just need to know that so it's easier to give you instructions from there.)

Thank you for replying Zenobia.

I think I may have exactly the same problem as you. I also think this has just started happening since my 'whole' Spybot software was updated.

Like you mentioned I still cannot get past that first small dialog even when I hit the stop check button.
    I then tried to Launch from the following: Start/programmes/spybot/advanced mode. Still just got that anoying dialog box again. So I just can't get into spybot 'at will' to make any changes.

Heres the strange thing. It is already set however to update and scan during the night (which it does perfectly). In the morning the 'whole' console 'is' there showing scan results and I can work from that. But of course when I close it, thats it till the following morning.
    Computer Details:
    Windows XP Media Centre ED. 4 years old. 512mb ram. IE and Firefox.

Could it be that the latest version is a bit buggy or am I doing something wrong....I know, probably the latter

In the morning the 'whole' console 'is' there showing scan results and I can work from that.
    That's great,then we don't have to mess around editing your configuration.ini file.
    In the morning when the whole console is available,click Mode,then Advanced Mode,then Settings,then Settings once again,scroll down to Program Start,and if there is a checkmark beside Run check on program start,then remove the checkmark.

Also,this is unlikely since the program autochecked from both your normal Spybot icon and from the start menu,but could you rightclick your Spybot icon,select Properties,and in the box beside Target:,highlight that if it isn't already,rightclick and Copy it and paste it here.
    It'll look something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /advancedmode

Ok, yesterday morning I removed the checkmark from 'run check on program start' and then I found that I could launch from shortcuts and have full console available. All good, thank you for that.

This morning full console showing as usual but it had not scanned during the nightI checked the logs which confirmed this.
    I also looked at the scheduled settings , still the same.
    (I have only recently realised that there is a difference between 'run' and 'scan', they are not the same thing!) and scan=check right!

Here are the target details:

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"

Good,glad Spybot will launch without the autocheck now.

I wonder if removing the autocheck buggered up your scheduled scan? I'm not familiar with the scheduled scans,I haven't used them much,just once in a while if someone had a problem on here,to see what was going on.So I can't help you with that off the top of my head.But I'll try to set up a scheduled scan like yours is and see what I can find out.

Did you schedule your scan using Spybot?Or did you go in and schedule a scan through your own computer's task scheduler?

Hi,
    Have attached copy of shedule settings.
    In those settings you will see 'run time', I think we have established that 'run' is 'not a scan' but a launch of Spybot. Therefore should I now go back and tick 'run check on programme start' box because we also established that 'check' means 'scan'.

Hi.
    I haven't run my scheduled scan yet,I scheduled it for later today,so I haven't checked yet for sure.But,in Scheduler within Spybot,if you click Edit at the top,a small window should pop up.On the Task tab,beside Run,you should see this:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK

The "/AUTOCHECK" at the end should get Spybot to run a scan when the scheduled task is started,and not just run the program without a scan happening.
    Is the /AUTOCHECK there on yours when you look?Spybot should have added that automatically,so it should be.

No scan overnight again.
    The Autocheck is there, see attachment.

Hello,

You are using the wrong file.
    You have automated the SDMain.exe, but you need to use the SpybotSD.exe.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot