Hello,

I created the following scheduled task:

cmd /c start "spybotS&D update&scan" /low /b "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /TASKBARHIDE /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCLOSE

I found that /TASKBARHIDE was necessary in order for the Spybot process to terminate upon completion of scanning. Currently, the online help says that /TASKBARHIDE must only be used with /AUTOCLOSE or the Spybot process might be left lingering. To me, this implies that if /TASKBARHIDE is used, then /AUTOCLOSE must also be used in order to ensure that the Spybot process to terminates upon completion of scan. The way I read it, it doesn't imply that if /AUTOCLOSE is used, one must also use /TASKBARHIDE before I can be assured of proper termination upon completion of scan. Since I wasn't interesting in hiding the process, I just used /AUTOCLOSE, and had an interesting time trying to find out why the process didn't terminate after scanning.

I was wondering if the documentation could be made clearer about the fact that both /TASKBARHIDE and /AUTOCLOSE is needed for termination of the Spybot process after scanning. If I am wrong about this conclusion, thanks for clarifying how they *actually* work, and perhaps why I need to specify both in order for the process to terminate after scanning.

As a separate question, why do both of these parameters exist if they both need to be specified for proper post-scan termination? I mean, you're not suppose to use /TASKBARHIDE without /AUTOCLOSE, and conversely, /AUTOCLOSE doesn't seem to work without /TASKBARHIDE (at least that's what I've experienced so far). So they both must always be used in tandem.

Thanks.