Thread: Spybot scan process doesn't terminate

Default Spybot scan process doesn't terminate

Based on the command line switches I asked about in http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61588, I created a Scheduled Task to scan my computer every day:

cmd /c start "spybotS&D update&scan" /low /b "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCLOSE

This task was launched at approximately 1:30am 4 Mar 2011. According to the log files, the scan completed about 20 minutes later. However, ProcessExplorer shows that the process still exists (the Start Time is approximately right). The Command Line shown for the process is:

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCLOSE

The log files show that no scans have occurred since the one at 1:30am 4 Mar 2011. I'm assuming that the Scheduled Task cannot launch another instance of the above command because of the lingering spybot processs.

Can someone suggest reasons why the process is lingering, or how I might go about troubleshooting the cause? I am running Windows XP SP3.
    Last edited by Exerciser; 2011-03-06 at 19:36.

Well, I found the answer. I needed the /TASKBARHIDE parameter. The command that seems to work is:

cmd /c start "spybotS&D update&scan" /low /b "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /TASKBARHIDE /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCLOSE