Thread: Immunize--Update relationship?

Default Immunize--Update relationship?

After getting updates for Spybot I notice that additional "unprotecteds" appear when the Immunize function is run. I assume that it is desirable to run the "Immunize" function after getting an update so as to make the new "unprotecteds" go away??
    "Immunize" is finding more malicious sites to restrict when Update runs?

I take it that being able to run the "Immunize" is one of the biggest ways to benefit from having Spybot S&D on the computer?
    Last edited by Wakefield; 2011-03-12 at 04:51.

After the weekly update, new sites and data is imported into Spybot. Thus Spybot is telling you that new data is available and you have to immunize the computer with the new data blocking the malicious sites.

Smile Immunize--Update Relationship

Wakefield --

Just to "share" something this forum awakened me to about "running the Immunize Function": You should be clicking the[COLOR="lime"]GREEN CROSS[COLOR="lime"]in the horizontal tool bar at the top of the Immunize page to "run" Immunize.

Clicking the "Immunize Shield" on the left-side of the SB Home Page only takes you to the Immunize area. Doing this also starts the green "Progress Bar" to move (rather rapidly) across the top of the page, and the Protected/Unprotected "score-board" cycles through the numbers. I don't understand fully what is going at this time (some sort of "initialization"??), but it isn't accomplishing the immunization function!! That comes with the Green Cross!! (And, the progress bar moves a lot more slowly!)

PS: At the end of all my Immunize-Runs, "Unprotected" always goes to zero.

Lightbulb

the "initialization" is testing to see what has already been immunized against

like which entries are already in the HOSTS file or Opera's urlfilter

Smile Immunize--Update Relationship

lewisje --

Thank you for the clarification! It all makes sense now!!