Thread: Resident Teatimer and Zonealarmfree conflict

Default Resident Teatimer and Zonealarmfree conflict

Hello,

I have a Acer/Gateway laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. With Zonealarm free version 9.2.105.000, AVG free version 9.0.894 and Spybot version 1.6.2.46 with latest detection update 03-23-11. The Teatimer is version 1.6.2.0 and system settings protector is 1.6.6.32.

The problem I am having is that when the Resident Teatimer is check marked to be "on" or "active" which is the setting I keep it on, is that it seems to be interfering with Zonealarm completely setting up when the computer is first starting up. When I hover my mouse pointer over the Zonealarm icon in the bottom right hand side of the task bar a small window shows "Protection is up, UI is initializing". It seems that Zonealarm is working but will not let me into the application. But as soon as I Uncheck/disable Resident "Teatimer" and restart the laptop Zonealarm completely starts and is fully initialized and I can get into the application. Then if I want to have protection of over-all system settings then I go in to Spybot and re-enable Resident Teatimer.

I first thought that this was strictly a Zonealarm issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Made sure I got the correct download by verify through checksum etc. Disabled the AVG. But I seem to have narrowed it down to the Teatimer. The last couple of days I have restarted the computer about 15 times and have had no problem with Zonealarm fully loading when the resident teatimer is unchecked.

Any thoughts on how to correct this or a work around. Is a complete uninstall of Spybot and then reinstall possibly required?

Thanks
    Andrew

Regards the compatibility problem you are struggling with, you'll have to wait for an admin or a person who has the same protection setup to answer you. I just want to say that in Spybot 2.0, everything will be different! Keep your patience up till the next decade arrive, and you'll have no problems. Hopefully, you'll live so long.

Take care,
    imageek