Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Click. GiftLoad problem

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi mmunoz,

Let's try to restore your system to a previous point (one before aswMBR was run). Please follow the instructions given in the following tutorial to do so:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...3.html#restore

You should choose a restore point that was created before 2011-03-23 at 19:20:26.
    -- WTT Classroom Graduate --
    -- ASAP Member --
    -- UNITE Trained Eliminator --

I tried to restore my pc with system restore, however upon trying to open the program system restore, it will not open and a window pops up with the following message:

To perform an offline system restore, you must specify which Windows installation you would like to restore.

For example, if the installation located in "C:\Windows" should be restored, enter the following command:

rstrui.exe/OFFLINE:C:\Windows

I wonder if I am having problems opening system restore due to the fact that I am doing it in safemode with networking? I have tried opening my computer in normal mode but it just repeatedly crashes so normal mode is unfortunately not an option.

Emeritus- Malware Team

Yes, that's the reason for this message. But let's go a different, more interface friendly way. This will also remove any issues running system restore inside the operative system.

Do you have your Vista DVD around? Please follow the steps given in the following tutorial to use System Restore not from the Operative System itself, but from the Vista Recovery Enviroment:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html
    -- ASAP Member --

I have bad news. I thought I knew where my windows vista cd was but I cannot find it anywhere. Is there another way? I am really worried now that I made the situation alot worse. Do you know why it keeps crashing in normal mode?

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi mmunoz,

I don't know what is causing the computer to crash, but it's surely malware related. This started happening after you ran aswMBR; TDL4 is one of the most difficult infections to deal with, and the tools we use to fight them need to be quite aggressive. Anyway, restoring the machine to a previous point should help.

Please go to Start and in the search box type cmd. Open cmd, and in the black screen (the console) write the following line and then press enter:

rstrui.exe/offline:c:\windows

Then follow the prompts to restore your computer to a previous state.
    -- ASAP Member --

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi,

Are you still there?
    -- ASAP Member --

Emeritus- Malware Team

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed. If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please read the guidelines to request assistance and begin a New Topic.
    -- ASAP Member --