Thread: TeaTimer Popup HowTo Resize Entire Window

Exclamation TeaTimer Popup HowTo Resize Entire Window

Ok,

Before anyone jumps the barrel the wrong way...

I am trying to enlarge the "TeaTimer Popup Window" that displays when finding a new process while running the "TeaTimer". Currently you have to STRETCH that lil' window out everytime to read all that is displayed.

I tried fooling around with it using a method i found here:

ResHack:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

Granted, ResHack (Resouce Hack) utility was rather nifty, compliant and stable but it was not the adjustment I was trying to make.

It looks like you have to make several edits to that windows script/parameters.

Anyone have some ideas or a fix on how to make it at least 2 or 3 times the standard size it is (width wise) without making it permanent so it can be resized (smaller or larger yet) if needed. Basically the way it is now just 2-3 times larger at initial popup

Thank You!

I'm still looking for a solution on this or someone to help me decipher the scripting/program.

- Thank You
    Ethicacy exists on another planet, I'm sure of it!

Exclamation

I tried to edit the above post but I received an error after editing stating "Must Edit Post Within 15 minutes".

Ugh... here is the above post edited:

I'm still looking for a solution on this or someone to help me decipher the scripting/program.

Additionaly, the following page has two links:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...esize+teatimer

The links are:

Which only does what I stated in my previous post, correcting an issue i'm not having (a jumbled/compressed window scripting error because of resolution or a simple mistake).

- and -

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...59&postcount=2

....the second item I refered to as not a proper or working html web address link :(

I found these items using these searches on the forum:

"resize teatimer"

...and then i tried:

"resize tea timer"

...using "resize popup" only my post here shows up

- Thank You Patrick and similar persons

Reason for edit: Additional Info - Day 3 :(

Hello,

I am sorry, but that are more than 6 years old threads that you have posted in.
    With the release of Spybot-S&D 1.6.2, this topic is done.
    You may find old threads in our forum by using the search function.
    The threads in our normal Spybot - S&D forum are not being closed like this is the case in the Malware removal forum.
    So if you have a support question you should keep an eye on the date of posts.
    The best way might be to open a new thread of your own where a helper can volunteer.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

I am sorry, but that are more than 6 years old threads that you have posted in.
    With the release of Spybot-S&D 1.6.2, this topic is done.

Team Spybot
    Incorrect, I was the person who started this thread on 03-22-2011, just a few days ago.

And Yes, It was corrected where the buttons were jumbled as I noted the link. But this in reference to the default sizing. I know there were many compaints about this. I had waited for future releases to fix this, that was several plus years ago.

As a recap, "TeaTimer" - How To Resize the "Prompt/Popup" that asks for confirmation to Allow/Deny. Basically, a LARGER default size that is 2 to 3 times the original defaulted. This is so that you do not have to manually drag the window out with "EVERY" prompt :D

You also noted that there are fixes for it on this website via forum search. I noted those fixes as well as a few of the search patterns used. Maybe you have some knowledge I do not and would appreciate any links you have to fixing this issue.

-------------
    --------

I'm guessing there are only a few lines that need editing, if someone would be kind enough to relay which ones I would be happy to toy with it.

--------
    ------------

Thats all, and thank you

Default SOLVED TeaTimer Popup HowTo Change & Resize Default Notification Window

I finally found the lines that seem to make a difference and re-centering takes place automatically. But in a pinch, such as dealing with and/or a screen size of 800x600 resolution; corrupt/default vid drivers due to what ever this window could be to large. However I am guessing that holding the "Text Width Size" to "600" should help to deal with that.

Using part of the idea found here:

and extrapolating...

There are 5 lines I believe to make a difference and while not perfect should help the nagg of resizing/stretching the popup notification window everytime your prompted and thus to be assured your "A"ccepting or "D"enying the correct items:

There seems to be two parts to make this work,

object formRegistryWarning: TformRegistryWarning

ClientWidth = 351 to 700 (width overall?)

Then, the text line width is the next culprit that seems needing to adjust:

object labelInfo: TLabel

object labelChange: TLabel

object labelValue: TLabel

object labelOldData: TLabel

object labelNewData: TLabel

The default of these are all something like 257? So why not up this to like 600 plus?

Note the "compile script" and also "save" (missing in thread 122)

The only other item is in the case of too small of screen-resolution, such as 640x480, you may have to shrink these popup notifications or adjust the "TeaTimer.exe" using ResHack and the recompile/save method as listed in thread 122 noted previous or replace it with the original backup created by ResHack :?

Any ideas?

Thank you for the ideas, help, and edit!

p.s. i sent out a few dozen questionares on this for input *shrug*