Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: click.giftload headache

I'm currently trying my best to remove nod32, but looks like all its files got corrupted not letting me uninstall it. So im currently trying to uninstall it manually. sorry its taking so long

Emeritus-Security Expert
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

ok, thanks for being patient. I was finally able to remove nod32. I had to reinstall it then unistall it. but when i tried to reboot i got a bsod. I then got on in safemode and i saw many files that still said eset or nod 32. I found a website that talked about a nod32 service called AMON that can cause a bsod upon startup in some instances. I deleted this file from the drivers directory and then rebooted = bsod. i then got back on and found the same file and hit properties... it said i didnt have administrator privileges. most of the eset files i tried to delete said this. I only have 1 login on my comp and it is the administrator. the website talking about amon is http://www.file.net/process/amon.sys.html.

the nod32 uninstall program listed above didnt find any eset products on my comp.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good Morning,

Do you have your windows Vista CD or the Recovery Disk that came with your computer? What I would like you to do is to post in this forum ( we all work together ) and have them run you though either doing a system restore or a windows repair. You can link them to this thread if you wish so they can see what we have done and I will find you on that forum and offer any advice I can.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119
    Just tell them that after removing a nasty rootkit that your system wont boot to normal windows but will boot to safemode, there very good at getting you up and running

Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Thanks for your help up to this point but i can restore my comp back to factory defaults with no problem.

I mentioned before that i was worried about my flashdrives that ive hooked up to the infected computer. I believe you mentioned we would be able to do something about that earlier. If you could help me with this i would appreciate it.

Emeritus-Security Expert

You can do this

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop:

• Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it.
    • Follow any prompts that may appear.
    • Wait until the program has finished scanning, then please exit the program.

The tool may ask you to insert your flash drive, or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the tool to clean it up as well.

Please restart your computer.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue