Thread: Hacker Victim Alert! Could Spybot Members Rescue Lost Children's TV Episodes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Hacker Victim Alert! Could Spybot Members Rescue Lost Children's TV Episodes?

In response to reading the article attached to the link below, I wondered if any Spybot members would be interested and/or able to form a "Lost Data Rescue & Recovery Mission" to help the creators of this children's TV show retrieve - all or in part - the many episodes they lost when a disgruntled employee hacked into their system and deleted all their work.

I do not know this company, nor am I by any means expert in the IT field (I am just learning). But it appears that they feel the data is lost...I know enough to know that many times data can be retrieved in places that most people would never think of. I also know a group of SUPREMELY intelligent, compassionate and extra-ordinary people here at Spybot who might find this to be an appropriate project that could benefit both the network, Spybot and others in many ways.

Here's the link to the story I found:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42366946/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/?gt1=43001

What do you all think? Is this a project worth exploring?

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Elizabeth
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-04-01 at 19:08. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D support. :-)

Hello Ehennigan,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehennigan View Post
    I do not know this company, nor am I by any means expert in the IT field (I am just learning). But it appears that they feel the data is lost...I know enough to know that many times data can be retrieved in places that most people would never think of.
    Might be best to leave it to the creators to find their lost data.

It is possible it's available via torrent/P2P which could lead users into a gray area of legalities.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Just a comment about it: That guy is real moron, to destroy some work from others, and he additionally just made everything worse for himself and everyone else. I really hate those kind of people.

And sorry, I don't have any kind of archives of shows.

Emeritus

"Lost Data Rescue & Recovery Mission"
    There is such a thing, its called backups.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks for posting! Should I try to send this info to them?
    or...maybe best to leave it alone as suggested...

Didn't mean to invite more work...just thought maybe this might be something people might be interested in knowing about...or doing something about.