Thread: Got something google going on?

Default Got something google going on?

Im just wondering if anyone is having this problem because I have searched and searched and have found nothing. When I do google search and click on the link I am looking for it redirects me to my igoogle page and if I do a google search from there and click on a link it takes me straight back to igoogle again. does it over and over again and i cant do anything. I can still enter a url and it will go to it fine. I am an online college student and this is really destroying my study time. Does anyone have any idea at all. I am writing this from a different computer but I can post a log from the infected computer, but I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem. Thanks JWINN oh by the way I have ran spybot and malwarebytes and neither find a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by winns35 View Post
    Im just wondering if anyone is having this problem because I have searched and searched and have found nothing. When I do google search and click on the link I am looking for it redirects me to my igoogle page and if I do a google search from there and click on a link it takes me straight back to igoogle again. does it over and over again and i cant do anything. I can still enter a url and it will go to it fine. I am an online college student and this is really destroying my study time. Does anyone have any idea at all. I am writing this from a different computer but I can post a log from the infected computer, but I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem. Thanks JWINN oh by the way I have ran spybot and malwarebytes and neither find a thing.
    issue fixed. for anyone having this problem I followed post 02-26-11, 13:58 here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=233406

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

All malware caused issues are unique ones. It's not recommended to follow instructions given to some other since those seldom fix the issue completely - even if visible symptoms may seem to be gone.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.