Thread: Ooops. What just happened?

Default Ooops. What just happened?

I reinstalled Spybot on my old workhorse computer with WIN98se. It looks like 2 things developed which I have never seen before.
    1) The most disturbing is that the Programs Listing in the START menu just disappeared... entirely... the whole thing. Now I can't find/start hardly any of my programs without a long search through FIND and trying a wide assortment of .exe files, then saving the file to my desktop for future use. Very problematic.
    2) My Windows screensaver suddenly freezes and a button appears in the center of the screen that reads: CLOSE.

What happened here and how do I fix it?
    Thanks.

Hello,

I am sorry, but I do not think that the problem is a result of our software.
    Have you already made a fresh system start?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Had to uninstall... presto, problems gone.

With no other option left and all kinds of wackniess breaking out and computer freezes and "no memory" messages shutting down all but one program I uninstalled Spybot and complete stability seems to have finally returned, instantly. Unfortunately, I can't find a thing to give me back my Programs Listing under the START menu, an extremely problematic situation.