Thread: Adware_Adultlinks

Default Adware_Adultlinks

Please see screenshot in the attached zip file. This is a persistent suspect item in the Windows registry detected by Trend Micro's Anti-Spyware program with every scan, but even though it is supposedly deleted it reappears for no apparent reason (ie no internet browsing in the interim, etc). I just ran Spybot S&D and this particular item did not seem to be detected. I would love to figure out a way to get rid of it permanently. If I recall correctly, it originally showed up as a suspect cookie before then turning into a suspect item of the same name in the Windows registry. Even if it is a low risk threat, it is annoying because of its persistence. Thoughts?

Default Note: I have also just posted a duplicate of this thread in malware forum

Just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvenal
    I would love to figure out a way to get rid of it permanently
    Given the fact that the HKLM\Software\Redemption key shown in your pic can be associated with Skype and in particular Skype's Outlook Toolbar....I'll ask if you use Skype and it's Outlook Toolbar addon ?
    Last edited by bubba; 2006-07-31 at 16:45.

Default Skype Toolbar for Outlook

Yes is the answer on both counts. I just uninstalled the Skype toolbar for Outlook and deleted the suspect item with Trend Micro's Anti-Spyware, but it reappeared immediately, so I am not sure what to think. Any suggestions?