Thread: Windows XP Problem

Default Windows XP Problem

I would like to remove Spybot from my computer. Can I simply go to control panel and remove it without any damage to my computer or removing something that makes my computer run? There is a problem with Spybot so I would rather not have it on my computer at all.

Thank you.

Judy

Hello,

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link.

Spybot - Search & Destroy will uninstall from the Windows Add/Remove Software control panel without problems.

If you want to completely get rid of Spybot-S&D and the Add/Remove doesn't help, you can delete the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\).

If you just want to upgrade to a newer version, please follow the same instructions like above and then install the new version.

After following these instructions please restart your system so that the changes can take place.

Also, neither the automated uninstall nor the manual uninstall like described above will remove the following directories, which you will have to remove by hand:

* Windows 95 or 98: C:\Windows\Aplication Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot