Thread: Error during scan. Access violation. Please help.

Default Error during scan. Access violation. Please help.

Ok so my laptop is currently having some issues with microsoft outlook being unable to send or receive emails. I started a scan with freshly installed version of spybot and during the scan it comes up with the following:

Error during check!
    Win32Delf.rtk [23.$c65699ED]
    (Access violation at address 00000022) read of address 00000022

I think this may well be some form of bootkit as none of my other scans have picked it up and the problem seems to persist only after a reboot.

I have also scanned with malwarebytes, superantispyware and spybot.

Any ideas or suggestions would be of great help. I know there is not alot to go on but there are not alot of symptoms that i can see.

Error during check!
    Win32Delf.rtk [23.$c65699ED]
    (Access violation at address 00000022) read of address 00000022
    That doesn't necessarily mean that you are infected with anything.That means there was an error while Spybot was scanning,most probably at the point of the scan that it was checking for Win32Delf.rtk and isn't the same as Spybot detecting Win32Delf.rtk.

Have you tried scanning with Spybot since the scan where you got the Access Violation error?

Are there any other indications that you might be infected with anything,besides the problems sending/recieving emails,and the access violation error in Spybot?