Hi,

I cannot boot my laptop (Win XP Pro), since I did a bit of cleaning up and maintenance.

Just before, SpyBoot had suspected of a trojan, Win32.AutoRun.tmp. There is a strong chance of that being a false positive (now solved in recent updates), as discussed in http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61021. All data and the report (even the screen shot) are exactly the same.

I have strenuously managed to backup the docs in the HD. Now I would love to recover my applications and my settings.
[I have done a "parallel install" of another XP Pro version in a new partition, but that's pretty far from best]

Among the last files created or modified were sbRecovery.ini and sbRecovery.reg, in a zip file called WinAutoRuntmp. Nothing there can be copied nor opened. WinRar requests a password.

Given the fact that Windows XP is not booting (but I can launch the XP installed in parallel at a new partition, or connect the HD via USB as external drive to another computer), ... my question is: What can I do? Is there a way to restore and to cancel what was done at that time?

Thanks a lot in advance !