Thread: I too have Xp Security alert infection! seeking help also

Default I too have Xp Security alert infection! seeking help also

computer infected with XP security alert 2011, Help!
    Please Add me to your list of those seeking help, as My wife's computer is infected with that horrible XP Security Alert 2011. What a mess! I have tried a dozen steps and still it appears. I think it is reincarnating itself!
    I have scanned with AVast. and with Stopzilla, and with SuperAnti Spyware. they each find viruses, sometimes 8 then 12 then16 then 25 etc! each has quarantined the found viruses. {They are still quarantined, as i do not know how to tell the software to destroy the viruses..any suggestions please? }

Still Xp security alert 2011 rears up! I have been battling this for a week, I am tired, I am throwing in the towel,!! I need your help please.. please.

At one time I was able to down load: R Kill, and ran it.....not sure of the results as the software appeared, i think it ran, and then disappeared...????

I attempted to install Malwarebyets, the installation starts but is suddenly stopped for some unknown reason and the software aborts????

I have scan logs from each of the above mentioned programs...somewhere, can you help me find them?

I have tried a dozen times to install spybot, but suddenly Xp security alert pops up and changes the browsing page! I cannot get to a web page to download spybot. I can no longer go to any web page!!!!!

This all started when my wife ordered a nursing blouse for work on line. the blouse arrived and so did the security alert! I can ask her what site it was if that would help.
    Since that event, we can not see anything in my documents. all the folders and doc. are not there and the folder reads empty. there were at least 15 folders before this XP security alert showed up. there is no internet explorer icon and no other icons are displayed on the desk top. I can only access the internet by going threw the update pages of the anti virus software on my computer such as avast or superspyware. and then, security alert 2011 begins to redirect me!! and I am cut off from the internet!!! I am so mad! I want to get back at the creator of this security alert! why can't they be stopped?

I am currently using my computer to type this and post it. I had hoped to use the wife's computer and post here with the scan logs attached...however I don't see how i can at the moment.

I am using a Belkin wireless router. I am in my home. How did this and other viruses get past my router I wonder? any suggestions on that ?

Her computer is using internet explorer. I tried installing Thunderbird, but the installation was mysteriously stopped for some unknown reason????

The infected computer is a HP Pavilion, with 512 MB of Ram and using Windows XP home edition. Computer is at least 5-7 years old. it is using 32 bit technology.

I eagerly await your replies, and instructions. I realize your busy, and probably swapped with requests for help. I praise your team for all your efforts! Bless you all!

5-09-2011
    ---------------------------------------

Hello, My wife's computer is infected with that horrible XP Security Alert 2011. What a mess! I have tried a dozen steps and still it appears. I think it is reincarnating itself!
    I have scanned with AVast. and with Stopzilla, and with SuperAnti Spyware. they each find viruses, sometimes 8 then 12 then16 then 25 etc! each has quarantined the found viruses. {They are still quarantined, as i do not know how to tell the software to destroy the viruses..any suggestions please? }

Still XP security alert 2011 rears up! I have been battling this for a week, I am tired, I am throwing in the towel,!! I need your help please.. please.

2 years ago, my personal computer became infected. from that experience I learned about Malwarebytes, Ccleaner; I learned of SuperAntiSpyware from major Geeks.com

three days ago, I was able to down load: R Kill, and ran it.....not sure of the results as the software appeared, i think it ran, and then disappeared...????

I attempted to re-install Malwarebyts, the installation starts but is suddenly stopped for some unknown reason and the software aborts???? I had Malwarbytes loaded onto the computer before the infection happened, it never found any viruses and I kept it updated. ...odd ???? Now Malwarebytes will not function???

I cannot access the internet now???! So i cannot install ERUNT.

I have scan logs from each of AVast. and Stopzilla, and from SuperAnti Spyware ...somewhere, ...can you help me find them? by the way, Stopzilla has viruses it tells me that are in the vault.

I have tried a dozen times to install spybot, yet cannot complete the download because suddenly XP security alert pops up and changes the browsing page! and so I cannot get to a web page to download spybot. Plus, I can no longer go to any web page!!!!!............not even in safe mode.

This all started when my wife ordered a nursing blouse for work on line. the blouse arrived and so did the security alert! I can ask her what site it was if that would help.
    Since that event, we can not see anything in my documents. all the folders and doc. are not there and the folder reads empty. there were at least 15 folders before this XP security alert showed up. there is no internet explorer icon and no other icons are displayed on the desk top. I can only access the internet by going threw the update pages of the anti virus software on my computer such as avast or superspyware. and then, security alert 2011 begins to redirect me!! and I am cut off from the internet!!! I am so mad! I want to get back at the creator of this security alert! why can't they be stopped?

I am currently using my computer to type this and post it. I had hoped to use the wife's computer and post here with the scan logs attached...however I don't see how i can at the moment.

I am using a Belkin wireless router. I am in my home. How did this and other viruses get past my router I wonder? any suggestions on that ?

Her computer is using internet explorer. I tried installing Thunderbird, but the installation was mysteriously stopped for some unknown reason????

The infected computer is a HP Pavilion, with 512 MB of Ram and using Windows XP home edition. Computer is at least 5-7 years old. it is using 32 bit technology.

Tonight, I scanned the computer with Avast and as it began to quarantine found viruses...the computer went into soft reboot and when I realized it I quickly pressed F8 to go to safe mode. I was successful! However, I still cannot access the internet???!!! I was able to install Thunderbolt as the new browser. I was not able to do that when out of 'safe mode'.
    Avast is available but not Malwarebytes, and Malwarebytes will still not install , it begins, and then suddenly stops and says I need to contact the site owners as a problem as ac-cured. I believe I can access log files. i think.
    The computer sits here, still in Safe mode, waiting on your instructions.

I eagerly await your replies, and instructions. I realize your busy, and probably swapped with requests for help. I praise this team for all your efforts!
    Thanking you in advance, for you reading my post and wanting to help, i really mean thank you!
    Flywelder, { David}
    5-09-2011
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-05-10 at 08:29. Reason: Merged two topics

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Hi,

Please see this topic (if not done so yet). Are you able to run DDS and post back its logs?
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or other MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016