Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 1 release thread

Default Updater stuck in 2.0 beta

When I run the updater it seems to not download anything and the animation just keeps going. I left it overnight just to see what happens and it stayed running. If I run the start center and close it , the window closes but the process (SDWelcome.exe) still runs, which prevents me from restarting the start center until ending the precess in task manager.

Default Error Creating Quarantine Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Lozboz View Post
    Ran beta today and after scan trying to fix errors received:

Error creating quarantine archive!

An error occured while trying to archive Internet Explorer into the quarantine.

Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Quarantine.reg" . Access is denied

All items were then shown as unselected and it was not possible to re-select them.

Ran 1.6.2 and it found no malware! Both on latest updates

Hope this helps as the new interface is excellent.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am having exactly the same problem running Windows 7 Premium 64-bit.

Originally Posted by Lozboz
    Ran beta today and after scan trying to fix errors received:
    Error creating quarantine archive!

An error occured while trying to archive Internet Explorer into the quarantine.

Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Quarantine.reg" . Access is denied
    All items were then shown as unselected and it was not possible to re-select them.

Ran 1.6.2 and it found no malware! Both on latest updates
    Quote Originally Posted by FiarHors View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am having exactly the same problem running Windows 7 Premium 64-bit.
    I, too, am having the same issue. Running vista 64bit.

Thumbs down Same Problem

Using latest Firefox browser with a 64 bit machine. Got the "error creating quarantine archive" message. Clearly Spybot does not work for 64 bit machines.
    Help...............

Try to locate Spybot2 folder and right click it. Be sure to uncheck "read only" option. You will than need to adminstarte that action. You will get option to do so for all sub folders and files. This resolved my problem with this particular error message.
    However, it seams that after every scan i am required to do this action over and over again. Otherwise i cant pass by quarantine error screen.

Since installing 2.0.3 with browser options I have not been able to click on results in google in Internet Explorer 9(only search engine and browser affected apparently), also if right click on results and click on open in new tab a new tab opens with correct url in address bar but page is blank white page for any results. Uninstalled Internet Explorer Integration under Enable/Disabled services and it corrects the problem. Am operating on win7 64 sp1 w/ IE 9 AMD Athlon II x2 250u Dual-Core w/ 4gb DDR2 ram and 640gb

Really liked Spybot for years. New UI is nice and actually an improvement instead of just being different. Would just like to see a real fully working version soon.
    Last edited by niphroke; 2011-07-06 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by micko View Post
    Using latest Firefox browser with a 64 bit machine. Got the "error creating quarantine archive" message. Clearly Spybot does not work for 64 bit machines.
    Help...............
    I running x64 sp1 also

Default Solution!

I had this exact problem with my laptop (64-bit running windows 7), but then I ran the stable version of spybot and it gave me an idea. If you run spybot 2 beta as an administrator it works fine! I have no idea why that helps, but I would guess it has something to do with permissions required to modify the registry. Anyway, I hope this help all of you as well!