Thread: Bug Report: Spybot S&D 2.0.3.131 beta firewall breached

Smile Bug Report: Spybot S&D 2.0.3.131 beta firewall breached

1. Version: Spybot S&D 2.0.3.131 beta

2. Experienced: Firewall Leakage Tester 1.2 ( http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm ) was able to connect to http://www.grc.com servers.

3. Expected: FLT 1.2 would be blocked from connecting to any servers.

4. Steps to Reproduce:
    a. Make sure firewall is working.
    b. Start FLT 1.2
    c. Click Test for Leaks button on FLT 1.2
    d. Observe result.

5. Error Message Observed: " Firewall Penetrated!

LeakTest WAS ABLE to connect to
    the main GRC.COM Web Server!

LeakTest was not prevented from connecting to the Gibson Research web server. You either have no firewall, you have deliberately allowed LeakTest to connect outbound, or (if neither of those), LeakTest has just slipped past your firewall's outbound "protection", if any.

To fully understand this test's intentions and results, please take the time to read the first two LeakTest explanation pages at grc.com:

LeakTest Explanation Pages

Also, please check in with our online discussion Internet newsgroup " grc.leaktest ", which is dedicated to this topic to learn the latest about this program and its findings:

If you use a news reader aim it at the "grc.com" news server and re-read all groups, or just click this link:
    news://grc.com/grc.leaktest

Or to use our web interface, use this link:
    Web Interface to 'grc.leaklest' "

*end of bug report*
    I would have used the Bug Tracker but I was unable to do so due to my new account.

Steve
    Last edited by stevemahfouz; 2011-05-13 at 05:37. Reason: added word to subject title

I don't think that firewall service was actually for that... I don't remember the purpose of it anyway.

The SDFirewallService is something like the backbone of a firewall, which is currently used in IE, Chrome and Firefox plugins (the second two not yet part of the installer). There's no appliance for firewall use yet.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Cool

I'm just wondering how the "Firewall" effects the Windows (built-in) firewall.

With the Windows Firewall running and one in my Router, do I really need anymore Firewall protection?