Thread: Settings - Explorer context menu

Default Settings - Explorer context menu

1. In Settings - Windows Integration there is an option to make the Explorer context menu available to all users.

When I checked this and then went to Explorer and right clicked a file my PC froze and I had to use the reset button to restart it. When I restarted my PC I opened the Spybot settings and the Explorer context menu option was unchecked again.

Is this supposed to work for Windows XP SP3? Given that it was unchecked when I restarted my PC, does Spybot know that it doesn't work? If that's the case, I think that the option should be greyed out.

2. Even when the option is unchecked the Spybot options that I expect are available when I right click a file in Windows Explorer, though choosing to scan a file doesn't seem to work. It opens the scanner, but it doesn't show the results of the scan. I have to open the file with the scanner to get it to show the scan results.

It seems this option really is buggy. Using 2.0.3.131 Beta

- On an Vista Home Prem x86 SP2 Acer Laptop it caused the Windows Explorer to hang up every time immediatly as it's called up. I just focused it out after un-/reinstall and reading the topics here.
    - On my HTPC with Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 the Explorer works but calling up the function just leads to the Settings-window - no scan.