Thread: spy-bot beta #2

Default spy-bot beta #2

okay, installed the new beta an for me it was VERY complicated, i tinkered around with for a while an decided to uninstall an thats when the nightmare started, the uninstall window froze an i could not finish the uninstall or close the window. it ended up freezing my pc so i couldnt shut it down, finally i just shut the power switch, (i know not recommended) but after a couple restarts the uninstall window finally went away, so then i went to safe mode an piece by piece i deleted the program.188 Mgs. very tedious indeed. so now im back to 1.6.2 an i will wait till the bugs are worked out.

Hello,

Thank you very much for providing feedback towards our Spybot 2.0.3 Beta.

We will try to reproduce the problem and will try to fix it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default spy-bot beta # 2

thank-you for your reply. its not a major offense that i had problems. but i would be very interested to know what an when the fix is. thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockiee View Post
    okay, installed the new beta an for me it was VERY complicated, i tinkered around with for a while an decided to uninstall an thats when the nightmare started, the uninstall window froze an i could not finish the uninstall or close the window. it ended up freezing my pc so i couldnt shut it down, finally i just shut the power switch, (i know not recommended) but after a couple restarts the uninstall window finally went away, so then i went to safe mode an piece by piece i deleted the program.188 Mgs. very tedious indeed. so now im back to 1.6.2 an i will wait till the bugs are worked out.
    just wondering, rockiee, what version of windows were you using when you experienced the uninstall problem with spybot 2.0.3 beta 1?

Default spy-bot beta#2

I'am using windowsXP pro,SP-3.
    if you need an other info, just let me know. i would like to find the culprit that caused the problem i had. im just skittish about trying it again cause that caper was very tedious an time consuming. i would prefer not going through that again.

Just an added thought. i have an had 1.6.2.46 installed an i did not uninstall it when i installed the beta. but i did make sure that the beta version went to a different folder,an also i installed the beta version in safe-mode. i usually uninstall a program before i upgrade but i did'nt this time cause i was just testing the beta version, an i assumed that safe-mode would not cause a problem. i'm not sure if that caused by problem or not.
    Last edited by rockiee; 2011-05-22 at 01:50.