Thread: disable autostart

Default disable autostart

is there any way to disable the autostart of the program in win 7?i cant find the option and i wouldnt like to mess with the msconfig etc.

It doesn't seem there is any option but why not messing with msconfig (which i do hate, i prefer autoruns out of SysinternalsSuite)?

And if you wish to permanently change settings for S&D Service just call Windows intern "service" manager and may change them from Automatic to Manual (so you still can start them out of S&D if you like to).

Sure some options would be nice but it's common tools install their start-ups, services, drivers etc. and this is still beta.

Hello,

Which component of Spybot-S&D 2.0 do you mean that you do not want to have in autostart?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

i just want the program to run manualy for immunization and a system scan.thats how i ran spybot all these years anyway.im afraid of conficts with my antivirus etc.

Hello,

You can also disable that features.
    Go to your desktop and double click on the "Spybot-S&D Start Center".
    Now activate the "Experienced User Mode" at top by ticking the check-box.
    In the area "Settings & More Tools" please click on "Services".
    Now stop the "On-Access Monitor" and the "Firewall" by ticking the "Stop" button.
    Afterwards close the "Spybot - Search & Destroy Services" window.

Then go to "Basic Tools" and open "Immunize the system" by clicking on it.
    Choose "Undo immunization" from the navigation bar on the left.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Sry, but that's neither clear to me how this could help in any way, nor does it work. Here are my thoughts on that:

The "Spybot - Search & Destroy Services" just de-/activate S&D services for this session. I have yet not found any way to permanently dis/-enable S&D autoruns using S&D Tools. And these services aren't all of it, there's also the tray (On-Access Monitor service starts/stops separately) which you can close with right-click and Exit, but also not permanently. That's why i recommended using Windows "Service" Manager and well, any tool controling at least usual autoruns.

But I would really like to know how Immunizations could help here in any way? I can't think (and also hope) they do anything else then Apply/Undo immunizations. Sry if it sounds like i'm mad, i'm not. Just a bit disappointed on such an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by diNovoM View Post
    The "Spybot - Search & Destroy Services" just de-/activate S&D services for this session. I have yet not found any way to permanently dis/-enable S&D autoruns using S&D Tools.
    I can confirm what diNovoM says. I had to run the Windows services tool to stop the services from running automatically.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    I can confirm what diNovoM says. I had to run the Windows services tool to stop the services from running automatically.
    same here; also I used Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel to keep the Spybot tray from loading automatically