Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help

Default please help

after i installed spybot i ran a scan and everything was fine but now when i try searching for anything on the internet i cant open the page please someone help and thanx for the help in advance

Default =(

please someone help me out i dont know what ive dont i cant acces any internet page i can search things but it wonr let me go in the page why ?

Hello,

Please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
    Then open Spybot - Search & Destroy in the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Tools' - 'Resident' from the navigation bar on the left.
    Please untick the checkbox in front of the 'SDHelper'.

Best regard
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

ok i how tdo i get to the spy bot advanced mode when i look through program files or the search bar at the start menu it doesnt even find a spybot only the installer on the top right of my desktop there is a computer sign that says spy bot search and destroy 2 system monitor working
    scanner working firewall working updater working and i can right click on that and the only options are system scan file scan update donate enable/disable services and about ... i dont understand

through that lil menu on the top of my screen i got to get to the place where i hit the undo button now how can i get to the other place

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
    Then open Spybot - Search & Destroy in the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Tools' - 'Resident' from the navigation bar on the left.
    Please untick the checkbox in front of the 'SDHelper'.

Best regard
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hello,

Would have helped if you said that you are testing the Spybot 2.0 Beta or were posting in the appropriate beta forum.

Go to your desktop and double click on the "Spybot-S&D Start Center".
    Now activate the "Experienced User Mode" at top by ticking the check-box.
    In the area "Settings & More Tools" please click on "Services".
    Now stop the "On-Access Monitor" and the "Firewall" by ticking the "Stop" button.
    Afterwards close the "Spybot - Search & Destroy Services" window.

Then go to "Basic Tools" and open "Immunize the system" by clicking on it.
    Choose "Undo immunization" from the navigation bar on the left.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

i have no icon on my desktop for spybot nor in my start menu and when i try to search for the program i only find the installer im deleting this from my computer im sorry for the bother but im very unsatisfied i just wanted to search for keyloggers on my computer but now im in this mess where i cant even access any page on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Would have helped if you said that you are testing the Spybot 2.0 Beta or were posting in the appropriate beta forum.

Go to your desktop and double click on the "Spybot-S&D Start Center".
    Now activate the "Experienced User Mode" at top by ticking the check-box.
    In the area "Settings & More Tools" please click on "Services".
    Now stop the "On-Access Monitor" and the "Firewall" by ticking the "Stop" button.
    Afterwards close the "Spybot - Search & Destroy Services" window.

Then go to "Basic Tools" and open "Immunize the system" by clicking on it.
    Choose "Undo immunization" from the navigation bar on the left.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

i went to control panel to uninstall and its stuck uninstallin i opened the task manager and it still shows it as responsive so it looks like its uninstalling but its been stuck for like 10 mins

You have to stop all Spybot services if you want to uninstall it. Same steps as Sandra said but stop all of those and you don't have to run immunization.

Really? It's not such a big deal as it is beta but sending a simple "sc stop SDFirewallService" and so on during uninstall before "sc delete ..." isn't a big deal too, nor? So I hope this will be changed till final too?