Thread: Exclude from further scans in 2 beta?

Esteemed Member

Default Exclude from further scans in 2 beta?

I only want to use spybot occasionally to do manual scans, and have therefore set all the services to manual in Windows services manager (also unticked Spybot systray icon in autostart.

In Spybot 1.6 it is possible to exclude specific items from further manual scans (useful to exclude, for example some tracks) by right clicking on an item found in an initial scan (or by unchecking in the detailed lists). I can't find the equivalent option in 2 beta? (I am in advanced/ experienced user mode). I can exclude for example all tracks by unchecking tracks.sbi, in settings but that is not the same thing as selectively excluding some tracks.

running on XP pro SP3.

There should be option to ignore specific threats in Settings called Ignore list. Are you able to find it?

Esteemed Member

I tried that option: clicking add opens a small window which appears only to allow selection from a predetermined list of items, which does not include specific track items (e.g. office 10, or logs) as was possible with earlier version. I don't want to exclude any particular malware items that are in that list.

And one remark: when i clock on "Help" at "Add..."-Window in "Ignore List" i get the Error: "No context-sensetive help installed." But help is working i any other window i have tested.