Thread: How use SS&D Uninstall Info Tool to Uninstall?

Default How use SS&D Uninstall Info Tool to Uninstall?

How use SS&D Uninstall Info Tool to Uninstall?
    I'm trying to remove a program that is NOT in the Add/Remove Programs list and is NOT in the All Programs list, but IS in the Spybot Uninstall Programs Tool list.
    So... How do I use the Spybot infomation to uninstall the other software?

Hello,

There is no program list in Spybot.
    Which list do you mean exactly?
    The startup entries, the processes?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I had the same question - under advanced mode in the tools drop-down menu there is a thing called 'uninstall info', and it says:
    This list displays all applications that have registered some kind of Uninstaller with your system. It is roughly the same as the one in your Software Add Remove control panel, but with some additional features.

But now I look at the entry in the 'help' section and realised that this really doesn't help you unistall, rather it just shows you any rudiments of long uninstalled applications, so you can remove these no longer functional remnants.
    (As it says in the 'help' section: This tool lists all programs that have registered some kind of Uninstall information with Windows. You can use it to remove the uninstall information of no longer existing programs as well as to simply get an overview.)

Did I get it right? And if I did then I must point out that the notion 'roughly the same as the one in your Software Add Remove control panel, but with some additional features' really is confusing.

Hello,

The uninstall info list is no replacement for the Software Add Remove control panel, it just gives you an overview and if you like you can remove uninstall informations of some programs here. But it does not mean that you can uninstall any programs here like in the control panel.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot