Thread: "Phoenix" keylogger 11-25 update

Default "Phoenix" keylogger 11-25 update

Good morning folks - I run my S&D scans religiously every weekend, and have been doing so for quite some time. I almost always have received a "no entries found" response message.

With the 11-25 update detection patterns, I've been flagged with having "Phoenix".. Researching this states it's a keylogger program shown in c:\windows\setup1.exe.

This setup file (setup1.exe) was indeed in my windows directory, shows an installation date of 2-13-05, and say it's a "Visual Basic 6.0 Toolkit Setup" file.

Is this a legit keylogger detection that the 11-25 pattern found on my machine? It's found it on all 3 of my pc's since the 11-25 pattern update, one of which I am very restrictive on internet access (very controlled internet access on this system due to business applications I use on this machine..i.e., I do no internet browsing on this machine).

If anyone may be able to assist, would appreciate. Thank you -

Hello,

Please have a look at this link in our forum:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...hlight=Phoenix

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

ahhh, thank you Sandra. It's funny how these things happen as last Thur, my password for Yahoo email access stopped working. This has never happened before. Rather than contacting Yahoo, I went ahead and changed my password.

Then I found this keylogger, and thought...oh no.. I've been hacked! Needed to change all my passwords anyway..so no harm.. Thank you again for the followup -