Thread: Can't uninstall Spybot 2.0 beta

Default Can't uninstall Spybot 2.0 beta

Please, if I'm in the wrong forum, direct me to the right one.

When I try to uninstall the program, the process freezes, maybe 1% into it. I've tried it on two different computers with the same results: one a laptop running Vista, and the second a PC running XP. I guess there's no emergency here, but I would like a clean uninstallation. Thank you for your advice.

Lightbulb

Try Stopping all associated services and Uninstalling the Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer integrations first, from the Services menu.

Hello,

Thank you very much for providing feedback towards our Spybot 2.0.3 Beta.

We were able to reproduce the problem and will try to fix it.

It should work to perform an uninstall in safe mode.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you.

I have the same problem on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I also found that the Beta Spybot won't uninstall from my Win 7 64 bit machine, unless I shut down all it's running services first. But the unistall is an incomplete one. See the attached files for some of the files and registry entries it left behind. Also it left the "SDTrey.exe *32" process still running which I had to shut down manually to delete the entire folder it created.
    In addition I tried posting this on a "Bug Report", and it kept telling me I was putting in the wrong "Spam word". I tried several different words it would give me, all in Caps, and still it wouldn't work.
    I installed the Beta version on my "D" drive so that it wouldn't interfere with me restoring my system using "Windows System Restore", which the working SpyBot prevents when that's installed on my "C" drive.

I believe it has been mentioned before; the easiest way to uninstall SB is from Safe Mode.