Thread: Spybot 2.0 beta and malware detection: how good is it?

Default Spybot 2.0 beta and malware detection: how good is it?

I've been checking out this forum to get feedback from those giving Spybot 2.0 a try. Most of the threads tend to be bug reports of some kind or another.

Has anyone had any experience with detecting and removing malware with Spybot 2.0? Has anyone had success with using it to remove rogue anti-virus or anti-spyware apps, like XP Antivirus 2011?

Thanks!

Peace...

I saw few pieces in this video and...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urh7mCDftOg

Doesn't seem like it detects that well. AFAIK, MBAM and other anti-malware software is mostly based on malware submissions. However... There's no such thing in here... And still, file scan didn't detect one malware which I've just downloaded. It's still kinda weak about it. Reason is probably that nobody doesn't send submissions for malware for detection, probably everyone got used to use forums instead.

Thanks for the link to the video.

Peace...

Actually the beta looks like the worst trojan horse i have ever seen. Number one it constantly transmits data to a remote host. Second it destroys the operating system if you dare to try to uninstall it.

Let's see what changes they've made to the final version. In my opinion, they can't release a similar version of this(all the bugs are fixed). They need to change a lot how the program works. But we'll see how the final version looks like..