Thread: Installing Full Version

Default Installing Full Version

I was using the free version and then on May 2, I paid to upgrade to for the full version of Spybot 2 Home Edition. I received an email saying I can "download the installer by clicking on the following web address." But when I go to the web address, I only get a license key. I have tried emailing Spybot twice but got no reply. How do I install the full version. There is no option to do so under Settings. I hope someone can help me! Many thanks!! ~Dawn

If you had the Spybot 2.4 free version and it is still installed,then when you double click the license key and follow the prompts,that should turn the Spybot 2.4 free version into the Home version.

Default still unable to get full version to work

Many thanks for answering me. I am still unable to get this to work. :( When I click on the file license.key, I get this message: "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    If you had the Spybot 2.4 free version and it is still installed,then when you double click the license key and follow the prompts,that should turn the Spybot 2.4 free version into the Home version.

You're welcome.
    Is license.key the actual name of the file?I think that is supposed to be an .exe file.If it is a license.key file,that would most likely be why you're getting the "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it." message.

Default key file

Yes, that's the actual name of the file SpyBot sent me when I paid. It says file type is Key file. I have no idea what program to use to open it, Windows was unable to find one. I don't know what else to do. Would it work if unistall SpyBot then reinstall it? Or do you know what program to use to get the key file to run? I am so frustrated with this product and the lack of response from SpyBot. I don't even know how to go about getting my money back because they don't respond to email and have no contact phone number listed.

You're welcome.
    Is license.key the actual name of the file?I think that is supposed to be an .exe file.If it is a license.key file,that would most likely be why you're getting the "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it." message.

No,uninstalling and reinstalling spybot isn't likely to work.You need help with the file I think,I don't remember license.key being a normal file.You should check your email's spam folder,to make sure you haven't received an answer to your email from Spybot support,in case it was put in there and missed.If there is no answer in your spam email folder,try contacting Sales:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/contact/sales/
    You should get a response from there.If something happenes that you don't in a day or so,please post back here,I'll try to help.

Default working

Thanks for all of your help Zenobia. I think I figured it out: I had to set the drive to have administrator privileges and now the full version seems to be working!

No,uninstalling and reinstalling spybot isn't likely to work.You need help with the file I think,I don't remember license.key being a normal file.You should check your email's spam folder,to make sure you haven't received an answer to your email from Spybot support,in case it was put in there and missed.If there is no answer in your spam email folder,try contacting Sales:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/contact/sales/
    You should get a response from there.If something happenes that you don't in a day or so,please post back here,I'll try to help.

Good,glad it's working.You're welcome.