Thread: Question about mlware removal

Question Question about mlware removal

I recently ran Spybot search and destroy and it found 4 threats , one had to be removed after restart so i did that and restarted my computer . After restart when windows booted i had 2 cmd windows popped for a split second and then they vanished , are those windows related to the removal process or they are a virus ? runned spybot again and full virus check and nothing.

The cmd windows were likely Spybot,yes.

Just ran malwearbytes and spybot search and destroy once more and they bot show no results . Should i do something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroxy92 View Post
    Just ran malwearbytes and spybot search and destroy once more and they bot show no results . Should i do something else ?
    That depends. No results in both programs might indicate that whatever was found before has been removed successfully. Don't worry about the cmd windows showing for a second, I've noticed those many times over the years, so that very likely was just something Spybot was doing.
    However, if your computer is acting like it might be infected, or you have an over-all bad feeling, or anything like that, please let me know, because then you might need further help.