Thread: Install Pop-up error.

Default Install Pop-up error.

After installing the "SpyBot2 Beta", I did a definitions update. After which I received the attached pop-up error.

This is fake image! Specifically, original window titles are blurred and "changed". Would you mind just to explain this modified image first?
    Last edited by Tom.K; 2011-06-14 at 20:31.

Well, i don't know why he changed it (i think it would be readable if blurred too), anyway it's a already known bug and the team already reproduced (i have it too f.e.). I can't find a specific topic yet but it's similar to: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62718. But the definitions are updating (just search for the newest update and it will be after your installation) so don't worry. Otherwise you can download them manually, see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...932#post406932

To me, it does not appear "blurred".

Also, what is "changed"?

I think Tom K. needs to put down "The Pipe", and clear his head. There's nothing fake about the image I took. I had to crop and resize it in order to meet the small kb allowed for posting images. If he had any computer knowledge he would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpgreg View Post
    I think Tom K. needs to put down "The Pipe", and clear his head. There's nothing fake about the image I took. I had to crop and resize it in order to meet the small kb allowed for posting images. If he had any computer knowledge he would know that.
    It looks more resized for me, and it seemed to extend too much. I don't remember that resizing actual image to bigger size ever makes it smaller, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    It looks more resized for me, and it seemed to extend too much. I don't remember that resizing actual image to bigger size ever makes it smaller, though.
    The image was resized to a smaller size not bigger. That's why it became distorted. JPG's have to be 97.7 kb or smaller to be posted here. A full screen shot is in the hundreds of Kb if not a meg. In order to post, you need to crop just the important part and then resize it down to under the 97.7 kb size.

In any case. The images are meant for the coders of the "Spybot2 Beta" so they know how to read the error message and will know what is causing it.

I take offense to being told I'm posting "doctored" photos. It would be up to the coders of "Spybot" to say something like that, but No.1, just by reading the error they will know what caused it in their progam, and hopefully fix it and No. 2, they have to much class to make a statement like you did.

There's an old bible saying: "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".