Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webpages Redirecting to AntiVirus sites

Thank you very much for all your help blade! So far things seem to be working well on my system.

I have a question for you related to one finding from Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) . I understand if you don't want to answer as it is certainly not your job to and out of scope of what we were dealing with here. It found a few programs which needed updating or were out of date, and I was able to deal with most of those just fine. However, one program (Cyberlink Powerstarter 6.x) has no updates available, and although i've been reading online I am not sure whether or not I should delete this program from my computer. Do you have any advice? I don't like the idea of having a compromised program but if I need it for something I don't want to delete it!

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Hi,

I found this topic at Secunia forum. If you don't use Cyberlink Power Starter then it wouldn't make any harm to uninstall it.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or other MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.