Thread: Testing Spybot S&D Beta Build 2.0.4

Smile Testing Spybot S&D Beta Build 2.0.4

Hi! All,

In testing Spybot S&D build 2.0.4 I've encountered multiple IE8 freezes or application hangs. I also recieve the message Runtime Errors 215 through 217 at 500A1883; this error occurs with or without using IE8.

Spybot S&D Update.exe consistently hangs requiring that the process be ended in Task Manager.

Would like to see improved compatibility with products like NIS 2011 & the upcoming 2012 version, Ad-Aware, McAfee, Kasperskys Security, Trend Micro Security, Windows Defender, SuperAntiSpyware, & MalwareBytes' AntiMalware just to name a few. It would be nice to run Spybot S&D without having to disable something to get it to work with other security programs. I've even stated this to the manufacturer's of the previously mentioned programs.

Well that's enough of my gripes for now.

*It is my goal to work with security software manufacturers' to help them achieve the best & most flexible product possible. In the past I've worked with Symantec & Lavasoft to help them improve their products (still do) & will do my best to do the same here. When you see a compatibility gripe about Spybot S&D with other products you can be sure I've also given the same one to the others about their product compatibility with Spybot S&D.

*A noted quiet shift in the threat scape is under way soon just one real-time security product won't be enough to handle new threats; its already been proven.

*Sidebar comments

Tech83

I've kinda thought that there's going to be some kind of compatibility mode about it, you're right. Though, it's still memory consumption if there're more on-access resident modules active.

About update bug, it doesn't seem to be fixed yet: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=63323

Smile

Hi! All,

This is the first time I've been able to get back into this forum due to an issue where the Spybot S&D Beta 2.0.4 browser protection plug-in causes IE8 to crash or hang; this results in either a complete lose of information or the information being sent to be incomplete. GUI still does reflect that updates have been downloaded & installed.

System Info: Windows XP Professional SP3, Pentium 4HT Prescott, 2.5GB, system is up-to-date.

Tech83
    Last edited by Tech83; 2011-07-21 at 00:53. Reason: Adding Missing Information

Default 2.0.4.131 will not update.

I have a meter showing tcp/ip activity and there is none, so it is NOT updating and the program banner at the top shows version 2.0.4.131 and below that in bold "No update attempt registered! and below that Database size ???.

I'm using XP Pro, service pack 3, and opera 11.50 browser.