Thread: SB S&D Major Annoyance - any way to fix

Default SB S&D Major Annoyance - any way to fix

I do a full scan, and say it finds 5 entries. I tell SB to fix them all. It tells me it fixed 3 but I need to reboot my pc to fix the other two.. O.k. so I reboot and let spy bot start.. what does spy bot do?

It does a whole other complete scan of over 80 thousand entries!!

It SHOULD Only fix those two entries that it KNEW it needed a reboot to fix !

This is very annoying and time consuming.. I just waited over an hour for the first scan, now it wants me to wait at least another hour for the same scan!

Is there a way I can fix this huge annoying problem?

It does a whole other complete scan of over 80 thousand entries!!
    You mean it scans those entries, or they are detected? Spybot still scans completely to make sure that there isn't some kind of leftover by malware which recovers on reboot (really hard to explain). I don't know is it possible to skip scan and to get results. I would rather wait to finish, if you can't handle, skip and do it when you don't have to use computer.

Yeah.. I didn't want SB to do a whole other scan, just delete those two entries it needed to fix.

This seems redundant to me as you have just done one full scan why need to do another right away when I Only told SB to fix those two entries - that's what I expected to happen.

It would be nice if SB gave you the option to just fix those two entries or do a whole other full scan. This would be a Major Feature Request.

All other like programs say Malwarebytes works this way.. when it needs to reboot to fix an entry, it reboots and fixes those entries - It does not do a whole full scan then fix those entries.

If after that, the User feels the need to re-run the program that should be his choice to do so.

If your working on your home office PC and need to run SB to clear some malware, then the one scan and a reboot to fix the rest should be all you need for the time being. Having to sit through two full scans back to back would be time consuming for your business and is counter productive.

I do understand why SB does the additional full scan, but it's not right to force it on people without giving them the option to turn it off. As it is now, if you turn it off, those two entries it rebooted to fix in the first place, never gets fixed. This is BAD BAD BAD.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2011-07-15 at 21:12.