Thread: SPybot 2.0.3.131 not updating

Default SPybot 2.0.3.131 not updating

Can someone please help me? I've had Spybot 2.0.3.131 installed for a while now however it will not automatically update like it claims it will/should. Any advice?

Please update to 2.0.4(beta 2). Go to the home page and download. Please reply if the problem occur.

Default Update problem?

Like donna551, my update did not work on 2.0.3.131 and so I followed "imageek"'s advice and downloaded 2.0.4. Now I get alternating messages like " update service down" and "No update attempt registered". What should one do next?
    Last edited by hdieter; 2011-07-16 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by hdieter View Post
    Like donna551, my update did not work on 2.0.3.131 and so I followed "imageek"'s advice and downloaded 2.0.4. Now I get alternating messages like " update service down" and "No update attempt registered". What should one do next?
    Could you rightclick Sdtray.exe(it's down by your computer clock),and select Enable/Disable Services?What does it say beside Spybot S&D 2 Updating Service?Does it say Start or Stop?

If you would like to update manually,you could doubleclick the Spybot S&D Start Center(or if using Vista or Windows 7 you could rightclick the Start Center,and select Run As Administrator),then checkmark Experienced User Mode,then scroll down and select Update.Once the update window opens,select Update,and see if you are able to update that way.

I am having the same issue with automatic updating on version 2.0.4.131. I can update it manually. For the enable and disable services, my button is showing stop. I am also unable to to add a scan. When try to schedule a service the add button is grayed out I hit edit and get an error.

"General page initialization failure
    the specific error is x80090016: Key set does not exist

I select Okay enter a schedule but it does not execute.

Windows Xp
    Dell 8250
    2gb ram
    also running Mcafee for anti virus. With production version of spy bot 1.6 they played well together.

Exclamation

Nevermind

General page initialization failure
    the specific error is x80090016: Keyset does not exist
    I couldn't find a whole lot on the above error,in it's entirety.And some of the info I found was for Windows 2000.
    Try going to Start,then Run,type Services.msc,then click OK.
    After Services opens,scroll down to Protected Services.Is that Service started?

When you go in to try to schedule a scan with Spybot,there should also be a scheduled scan for updates in there as well.What does it say beside Status,Schedule and Last Time?
    And are you getting any error messages about Updating?