Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hello from Ireland, my name is Jerry, I am 55, married with 3 children. There are four computers in our house! My son Charles (18) has a self built gaming PC and a laptop. My daughters, Catherine (17) and Julia (15) share a desktop, I have a laptop. I am running Windows 7 home Premium on a 32 bit Compaq Presario CQ 56. Last week I knew that something was badly wrong with my system. I was using Microsoft Security Essentials but it did not show any negative results after a full scan. I contacted Microsoft and one of their technicians took remote control of my laptop. He used Hitman Pro and found a trojan which was removed. I was amazed by this application and bought the full version the following day. I scanned regularly and it picked up a lot of tracking cookies but no malware of any kind. I got that feeling again, something was not right. I downloaded Spybot and it found 31 malware objects. Needles to say, I purchased the Home version right away. I removed Hitman Pro and I am getting a refund. I have now got Microsoft Endpoint and Spybot, I do not think much of the Microsoft anti virus software but with Spybot at last I feel safe. I will take all the help that is offered to me on this forum. I am by no means a genius around computers but I am willing to learn. I wish you all the best and safe surfing.

Hi,there.Welcome to the forums.

Hello Jerry O Connor!

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016