Thread: grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Help!!!

Default grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Help!!!

Hello! I bought antivirus software from a German company call ashampoo. While it served it's purpose I found better antivirus software and am using it now.

My problem: These B******* just can't take no for an answer!!! I no longer want their product. My last system received a really bad virus that wouldn't open any exe files, so I dumped their product. Well I guess they didn't like that and keep sending me viruses.

I know it's them because I went to their website to remove my information and lo and behold... I got a virus that Spybot detected. I'm not a vengeful girl BUT these people are really starting to tick me off!

While I'm fully confident of your product I would like to know if there's anything I could do to COMPLETELY rid myself of this company. I have a router that I use for the internet and I was wondering if changing my IP address would be good enough to get rid of these people. OR... if you have any suggestions I would be so grateful. Thank you so much!

Hello rtfgirl,
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfgirl View Post
    My problem: These B******* just can't take no for an answer!!! I no longer want their product. My last system received a really bad virus that wouldn't open any exe files, so I dumped their product. Well I guess they didn't like that and keep sending me viruses.

I know it's them because I went to their website to remove my information and lo and behold... I got a virus that Spybot detected.
    Spybot-S&D is not an anti virus program. The application searches for spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers and keyloggers.
    OR... if you have any suggestions I would be so grateful. Thank you so much!
    For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS logs, which are the logs used for first contact analysis.
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default The plight of Ashampoo...

Hello! I bought antivirus software from a German company call ashampoo. While it served it's purpose I found better antivirus software and am using it now.

I know it's them because I went to their website to remove my information and lo and behold... I got a virus that Spybot detected. I'm not a vengeful girl BUT these people are really starting to tick me off!

While I'm fully confident of your product I would like to know if there's anything I could do to COMPLETELY rid myself of this company. I have a router that I use for the internet and I was wondering if changing my IP address would be good enough to get rid of these people. OR... if you have any suggestions I would be so grateful. Thank you so much!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashampoo was hacked. It is sad, the results, because they are not able to get back up and are having a real battle with their registration numbers.

Snap 4 and 3 are defective and will no longer run even after uninstall and re download.

It looked like a three way tag team bout on my computer between Google Chrome, Ashampoo and two of Google Cronies as they ripped into my
    computer corrupting six folders MS explorer and seeding with three root kits. What's a solution? I suggested some time ago that S-N build a Spybot
    Browser... but that was a long time ago. :|y
    Last edited by yelloweye; 2011-07-22 at 02:55.

its alot of work to build a browser>_> and make it as universal as possible. Lets say they did build one. Them boogers will focus on getting past whatever protections it offers.

Default Spybot Browser:

So...
    Who else better to tackle the task at hand? y

Quote Originally Posted by yelloweye View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashampoo was hacked. It is sad, the results, because they are not able to get back up and are having a real battle with their registration numbers.

Snap 4 and 3 are defective and will no longer run even after uninstall and re download.

It looked like a three way tag team bout on my computer between Google Chrome, Ashampoo and two of Google Cronies as they ripped into my
    computer corrupting six folders MS explorer and seeding with three root kits. What's a solution? I suggested some time ago that S-N build a Spybot
    Browser... but that was a long time ago. :|y
    Ashampoo has survived the attack and their new site is greatly improved.
    They still want a $10.00 yearly fee for Antivirus updates.