Thread: Teatimer icon not seen in startup

Question Teatimer icon not seen in startup

Hi,

I just recently switch to Windows 7 (64bit) from XP. In Windows 7, I noticed that even though I checked the box "Resident TeaTimer" in the Resident of Spybot S&D, I didn't see the Teatimer icon during Windows startup. There is also no TeaTimer.exe process in the Task Manager. I also couldn't find the TeaTimer. exe and the SpybotSD.exe files in the Spybot folder in the Program Files(x86) folder even with the "show hidden files" option in the Folder option checked. Uninstall and reinstall the program didn't fix the problem. I am running the program with Administrator rights (Compatibility/Run this program as Administrator).

The only time that I was able to have Teatimer running is if I open the Spybot S&D program from start menu, and uncheck then recheck the "Resident Teatimer" box and wait a while. Task Manager then shows the TeaTimer.exe *32 process. It seems like the Teatimer process is a windows 7 32 bits process. But once I restart windows, no icon and no teatimer.exe in the task manager.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello,

Although you have the compatibility mode set as admin, does it make any difference if you rightclick Spybot-S&D and then choose run as admin?
    Now go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

If this does not help, which other security software do you have?
    Which garphic card do you have?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default same issue

I have the same problem. Windows 7 x64. Teatimer will not start at startup. Only after unchecking and then re-checking the resident teatimer setting does it run. Even then I can only see it in Task Manager processes not in the system tray. Next boot up same problem.

I do have Spybot set to run as admin and I tried explicitly running as admin as well..., same problem.

The graphic card is an ATI Redeon HD 2400 Pro.

No other security software is running.
    Last edited by du Buis; 2011-09-01 at 17:17. Reason: omission

Sandra,

Please help me. I have the same problem. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I ran the system for two years and didn't have this issue. I needed to reload the OS, and the problem started after the reload. For non-related reasons I had to immediately reload the OS once again, and the problem was there again. TeaTimer used to show in the tray, and show as a running process in the task manager. Now it does neither.

I have done all that has been posted in this forum. I went into the advanced menu, tools, resident, and the TeaTimer box is checked. As others have found, unchecking and rechecking this box activates the TeaTimer. As others have said, this does not hold after a reboot. No tray icon, no process running in the task manager. I have to 'reactivate' each and every time I reboot.

I also created a shortcut for the TeaTimer by going into folder options, disabling the option to hide protected files, creating my shortcut, and then hiding those protected files again. I can then start up the TeaTimer this way after each reboot. I am running an MSI NX8500GT (NVidia technology) card, but the nwise.exe is not in the startup programs, nor is it a running process at any time, so I can't disable that. Not to mention this is the same configuration, exactly, that I ran for two years. I run NOD32 virus software, but it is the same as I ran before with no issues.

When I run the program manually I run as administrator, but this doesn't apply to what happens when the system restarts and the TeaTimer should be activated on startup, I don't even have a desktop yet to start up the program, obviously. So how I run the program separately won't be a factor in this startup issue.

Please, please help me. I have read your repeated replies to many other users with this exact same problem in this and other threads, and like those users, so far that hasn't worked. Can you somehow find out what the root cause of this problem is, and give us a working solution? Thank you very much. You are my only hope.

Sincerely,

Need lotsa help

Hello,

1. Do you always open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership"?
    Enable the TeaTimer with admin rights in tools or check if it is still enabled.

2. Can you post a list of your startup files?

3. Have you tried to disable NOD32 virus?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot